08 November 2007

Les Cochons

"Must be niiiiiice," comes the sarcastic whine from any of my four most annoying coworkers. I tense up, then force myself to take a deep breath and relax, because getting angry at these narrow-minded, self-important idiots won't help anything. I just try to tune them out and focus on my work.

That whine marks the end of just about any statement they make about how easy the supervisors/bosses have it, sitting in soft chairs in quiet offices or cubicles. According to the guys, everyone in the office sits around doing nothing all day. Parts are designed, programmed, and sold by magic. Supplies just appear on their own. Our paychecks... well, we had some trouble with them today, so I'll just skip that bit.

The guys don't think about these things. They think they're the only ones who work, that they deserve far more respect than they get, and that anyone who isn't one of them is a jerk. They have no idea what goes on in the offices, and they don't bother thinking about it because they've already decided that anyone whose hands are still clean at the end of the day can't have done any real work.

I really want to smack these guys sometimes.

Okay, most of the time.

Maybe always.

Yeah.

No comments: